OPEN CALL 3
Founded in 2012 as an initiative with municipal support, the Academy of the Arts of the World is a cultural institution of a new type and a production platform in the city of Cologne. Its focus is on activating intercultural and decolonial practices in the arts, fostering alternative ways of thinking and acting under increasingly troubled global conditions beyond the romance of multiculturalism.
In addition to producing its own curated program (Pluriversales, Salons, Workshops etc.), the Academy also supports external projects by artists, groups, and institutions. Open Call 3 offers support to cultural productions carried out by individuals and institutions based in Cologne.
Conditions for Applicants:
- Applications are accepted from artists, groups of artists, theorists, curators, cultural producers and cultural institutions, and initiatives of all art forms, who have their place of residence or headquarters in Cologne.
- The academy can award grants of up to € 12,000.00.
- The academy only awards grants for artistic productions (including artists' fees, travel expenses, costs for production, etc.).
- Projects should be consistent with the content and substance of the academy’s mission. For inquiries and questions, please check the academy's website www.academycologne.org.
- Applicants are solely responsible for research, production, management, public relations, and presentation of their projects, and they should present their expertise, resources, and/or identify the corresponding partners in the application.
- Estimated production costs must be included in the proposal.
- The final project should be presented or shown in Cologne.
- Work on projects should begin in January 2015 and should be realized and closed within the space of a year.
- The projects must use the logo of the Akademie der Künste der Welt on all media and printed matter together with the phrase "Mit freundlicher Unterstützung der Akademie der Künste der Welt / Made possible by the kind support of The Academy of the Arts of the World." All publicity material must be presented to the academy’s communication and press department for approval before release in print and other media.
- Applications should be submitted in digital form to email@example.com.
- They should contain:
- A brief project overview of up to 500 words
- A more detailed project description of up to 1,500 words
- Additional material: media files, samples, trailers etc. Files that are larger than 10 MB should be uploaded and shared via weblink
- A short biography of up to 300 words for each artist involved must be included with the applicant (not in table form)
- If available: Presentation plan
- A cost and finance plan based on the template
- A timetable of deadlines for the project’s realization
- The submission of concepts in German or English language
- The deadline for application of the proposal is November 21th 2014
- Jury: The jury is made up of six academy members and staff together with other invited external jury members. The jury will announce the results by mid-December, 2014.
Template for the cost and finance plan